Welcome to the PTA!
All parents, teachers and other school staff belong to the PTA so please do come along to meetings and events. The PTA needs the support of the school community to work, without you there would be no PTA!
If you can't join our meetings please message the Facebook page or find one of the committee members with your ideas, opinions and concerns. They will be happy to address all matter of topics.
Full minutes of the last meeting are available on our events page.
Here is a summary for those who missed it.
1. 18 people attended at 7pm at The Corner. All the PTA Committee were present and Mr Keohane, Mr Fitzgerald, Mrs Seaward and Mrs Ivans from school as well as a large number of parents.
2. The reusable eco-friendly Party Pack of cups and plates will be rolled out as a PTA scheme and the school will also adopt reusable party items where possible. Details of scheme and how to book to be publicised.
3. Quiz Night will be on Friday 22nd March.
4. Unwanted gift amnesty/ gift appeal to run 28th Jan-1st Feb to collect donations. Hopefully, will run a Mother’s Day shop late March.
5. Easyfunding shopping scheme fundraiser. Will look at various options and recommend whether to adopt scheme for school.
6. An Easter Bunny trail /treasure hunt to run week of 8th-12th April. PTA to organise.
7. Runner sponsorship for Cardiff Half to be pursued. Team of runners to investigate fundraising options.
8. Agreed to have an Eid Party, week of 10th June.
9. Agreed to join ParentKind, a support organisation for PTAs and to use their resources to apply for charitable status and grants.
10. Agreed to replace broken candyfloss machine.
11. Summer Fayre date set for Saturday 29th June.
12. PTA Skittles Night set for Friday 17th May at The Albany (date t.b.c..with pub).
13. Book Swap event to be run on Monday 11th March.
We have lots of events coming up – and we rely on the excellent support of parent volunteers to make them successful. If you think you could help, or want to find out more, head to our Helpers page.